NEW! Cancellation Report
In order to help you identify cancellations for your operation, we developed a new report that is being released today.
The Cancellation Report can be found in the Analysis section of the Reports menu. The report options will allow you to run the report for a specified period of time with ‘Start’ and ‘End’ dates. Additionally, you can choose to see the report in Detail format, which lists every cancellation in table format or you can choose to run the report in Summary format, which provides a table that lists the cancellation reasons and how many reservations are associated for each in the report time period. There is an option to show both formats in one report.
The Detail format lists the Reservation Number, Date of the Cancellation, Cancellation Reason, Arrival Date, Departure Date, Camper Nights, guest’s First Name, Last Name, Estimated Net Registration, Cancellation Fee, Estimated Net Impact, guest’s phone, and guest’s email address. Please note the following:
- The Start Date and End Date in the report options will determine what’s on the report. We are displaying reservations that were Cancelled between the dates you specified.
- The ‘Estimated Net Registration’ is a calculated amount that takes into consideration the current rate for all registration charges based on the Pricing Group and discounts. It does not take into account taxes.
- The ‘Estimated Net Impact’ is calculated by subtracting the Cancellation Fee from the Estimated Net Registration.
- The guest’s phone and email are provided here just as a convenience in the event that campgrounds want to use this list to reach out to the guest to reschedule their reservations later in the year.
The Summary section shows a table with the Cancellation Reasons that were used during the report time period. It looks at the Count (the number of reservations), Nights, Estimated Net Registration, % of Booked Reservations and compares this year to last year. Please note the following:
- The year over year comparison is a calendar year, not same day of the year.
- The ‘% of Booked Reservations’ is a calculated field that looks at the number of reservations cancelled compared to the total number of reservations booked during the report date range. It is important to note that if you cancel more reservations than book future reservations during the report date range, the percentages could show greater than 100%.
- As a reminder, K2 has two new Cancellation Reasons that won’t show data from last year: ‘No Show’ and ‘Public Health Concern’. The hope in providing this table was to give some comparison to prior the prior year.
Updated Guest Activity Report
In case you missed it, we added a column to the Guest Activity Report to include the Cancellation Reason as well.