Adding Accessibility Features at the Pricing Group level:
- In Setup, under Rate Management, click Pricing Groups.
- Click the Pricing Group to Edit.
- In the Additional Attributes box, click Edit
- Click the Select Attribute dropdown to choose the attributes to add:
- Once the attribute has been added, switch the toggle to Yes
- At least one of these attributes set to yes will be marked as ‘accessible’. See the Quality Assurance Manuals ADA – Accessibility Status Report for information on the guidelines.
- Accessible Bath
- Accessible Kitchen
- Accessible Parking
- Enlarged Door Openings
- Enlarged Hallways
- Fold Down Shower Bench
- Hand-held Shower Head
- Lever Door Handles
- Mobility Accessible
- Reduced Height Bathroom Sink
- Reduced Height Room Fixtures
- Roll in Showers
- Shower Chair Available on Request
- Shower Safety Grab Bars
- Toilet Safety Grab Bars
- Visual Alarms
- Visual Notification for Doo
- Click Save
Accessibility Features on KOA.com
- On the KOA.com listing, there will be a new link in the bulleted feature list called “Accessibility Features”.
- Clicking on the link or ‘View Details’ will take the guest to the details screen which includes a column of information about Accessibility Features.
- On step three of the reservation process, the guest will be presented with an additional notice in the Terms & Conditions to acknowledge they’ve chosen to stay on a site that includes accessibility features.
- From an accessibility requirement standpoint, the guest will choose a Pricing Group that they have determined will meet their needs based on the attributes and description in the listing.
- They will also have acknowledged that they chose a site that includes accessibility features.
- The reservation will be locked to the site that was assigned with a special new lock code called “Accessibility”.
- There are no built-in charges for the Accessibility lock. However, it is important to note that if a guest used Select My Site with a fee associated with, the fee will still apply.
- Accessibility features can be applied at the site level, but these do not show up on KOA.com and will not lock sites.
- Accessibility features applied at the Pricing Group level will apply to ALL sites in the Pricing Group. Therefore, accessibility features should only be added to a Pricing Group that consists of accessible sites.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!